What if you could plug yourself (or your pet) into a battery to recharge your energy? Grounding does just that. Grounding describes techniques for drawing energy from the earth to reset and replenish your own personal energy stores.
A PubMed search reveals numerous articles on the effects of grounding. Chevalier and coworkers write in the Journal of Environmental and Public Health that “emerging scientific research has revealed a surprisingly positive and overlooked environmental factor on health: direct physical contact with the vast supply of electrons on the surface of the Earth. Modern lifestyle separates humans from such contact. The research suggests that this disconnect may be a major contributor to physiological dysfunction and unwellness. Reconnection with the Earth’s electrons has been found to promote intriguing physiological changes and subjective reports of well-being. Earthing (or grounding) refers to the discovery of benefits—including better sleep and reduced pain—from walking barefoot outside or sitting, working, or sleeping indoors connected to conductive systems that transfer the Earth’s electrons from the ground into the body.”( https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3265077/)
We are constantly exposed to electromagnetic pollution from computers, wireless routers, cell phones and tablets, cell towers, and power lines. This electromagnetic pollution, which is electromagnetic frequencies that are much higher than the natural electromagnetic frequencies of the earth, interferes with the body’s normal electrical conduction, causing it to go out of tune and potentially malfunction. Biochemically, exposure to electromagnetic pollution causes the formation of free radicals, which, in excess, can damage tissues and cause chronic inflammation. Chronic inflammation is the basis for most disease. Grounding counters the formation of free radicals and therefore, is thought to reduce inflammation.
Grounding is one of 7 easy energy hacking strategies that can supercharge your body. Energy hacking is optimizing your performance, health, and wellbeing with the help of technology and biological tools.
There are several easy ways to supercharge the body through grounding.
- Walk barefoot on the grass or soil for at least 20 minutes every day.
- Lie directly on the sand while at the beach – push aside the towel and the beach chair.
- Swim in the ocean or mineral hot springs – water containing dissolved salts and minerals is an excellent conductor of the earth’s energy
- Walk barefoot on concrete. Concrete that is not poured over a moisture barrier and is not painted or stained is an excellent transmitter of the earth’s energy.
- Drink plenty of water. A hydrated body is a better conductor of the earth’s energy.
- Use indoor grounding devices such as those from The Earthing Institute.
Try a few of these techniques and feel energized!
Energy Hacks for a Supercharged Body: Step 1 – ‘Structured’ Water
Who isn’t tired? Good news – there are 7 easy strategies available to supercharge your body through something called ‘energy hacking’. Energy hacking is optimizing your performance, health, and wellbeing with the help of technology and biological tools.
In a previous blog post we discussed things that drain our energy and 7 easy energy hacks to allow for abundant free-flowing energy required for optimal health and performance (http://abbeyrosefoundation.org/7-easy-energy-hacks-supercharged-body/). The first energy hack we’ll discuss is structured water.
We all learned that water or H2O is available as ice, liquid, or vapor. New research from Gerald Pollack, PhD, Professor of Bioengineering at the University of Washington shows that there is a fourth phase of water – a gel, which is referred to as EZ or structured water. In the lab, with increasing temperature, water moves from ice, to EZ, to liquid, to vapor. In the body, EZ water gel forms where water touches the surface of cells. EZ water lines all the cells of the body, turning them into batteries that fuel mitochondria (the cell’s energy generator) and turning the body into an energy grid. EZ water also stores and transmits information, much like a computer chip.
There are several easy ways to ‘charge’ water and supercharge the body.
- Consider the source – The earth naturally produces structured water through melting of ice and underground flow. Glacial, spring, volcanic, artesian, mineral, and sparkling waters are excellent sources of structured water. Water stored in glass retains it purity, but water stored in plastic does not.
- Drink chilled water – Water at about 39 degrees is closer to the EZ phase – the phase between ice and liquid,
- Create a vortex – the mechanical action of stirring creates a vortex and increases the formation of EZ water.
- Juice – Juicing puts pressure on plant cells, extracting their EZ water.
- Soak up the sun – Light increases water’s structure. Exposing the body to sunlight or infrared light increases the amount of structured water in the body. Exposing drinking water to sunlight increases the structure in the exposed water.
- Go negative – Structured water has a negative charge and exposure to negative charges enhances the amount of structured water in the body. The body is exposed to negative charges via the consumption of antioxidants (including antioxidant-rich foods such as fruits and vegetables) and grounding (e.g., by walking barefoot on the earth).
- Add precise energetic information to water – NES infoceuticals (http://v2.neshealth.com/nes-products/infoceuticals.aspx ) deliver precise energetic information to cells to improve their performance.
To learn more about research on the fourth phase of water and its importance to your health, view Dr. Pollack’s YouTube video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-T7tCMUDXU . Skeptics might find the following essay of interest https://charleseisenstein.net/essays/the-waters-of-heterodoxy-g-pollacks-the-fourth-phase-of-water/ . For all the scientific details, Gerald Pollacks research is presented in his book The Fourth Phase of Water: Beyond Solid, Liquid, and Vapor ( https://www.amazon.com/Fourth-Phase-Water-Beyond-Liquid-ebook/dp/B00N2ASKF2 ).