What if you could plug yourself (or your pet) into a battery to recharge your energy? Grounding does just that. Grounding describes techniques for drawing energy from the earth to reset and replenish your own personal energy stores.
A PubMed search reveals numerous articles on the effects of grounding. Chevalier and coworkers write in the Journal of Environmental and Public Health that “emerging scientific research has revealed a surprisingly positive and overlooked environmental factor on health: direct physical contact with the vast supply of electrons on the surface of the Earth. Modern lifestyle separates humans from such contact. The research suggests that this disconnect may be a major contributor to physiological dysfunction and unwellness. Reconnection with the Earth’s electrons has been found to promote intriguing physiological changes and subjective reports of well-being. Earthing (or grounding) refers to the discovery of benefits—including better sleep and reduced pain—from walking barefoot outside or sitting, working, or sleeping indoors connected to conductive systems that transfer the Earth’s electrons from the ground into the body.”( https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3265077/)
We are constantly exposed to electromagnetic pollution from computers, wireless routers, cell phones and tablets, cell towers, and power lines. This electromagnetic pollution, which is electromagnetic frequencies that are much higher than the natural electromagnetic frequencies of the earth, interferes with the body’s normal electrical conduction, causing it to go out of tune and potentially malfunction. Biochemically, exposure to electromagnetic pollution causes the formation of free radicals, which, in excess, can damage tissues and cause chronic inflammation. Chronic inflammation is the basis for most disease. Grounding counters the formation of free radicals and therefore, is thought to reduce inflammation.
Grounding is one of 7 easy energy hacking strategies that can supercharge your body. Energy hacking is optimizing your performance, health, and wellbeing with the help of technology and biological tools.
There are several easy ways to supercharge the body through grounding.
- Walk barefoot on the grass or soil for at least 20 minutes every day.
- Lie directly on the sand while at the beach – push aside the towel and the beach chair.
- Swim in the ocean or mineral hot springs – water containing dissolved salts and minerals is an excellent conductor of the earth’s energy
- Walk barefoot on concrete. Concrete that is not poured over a moisture barrier and is not painted or stained is an excellent transmitter of the earth’s energy.
- Drink plenty of water. A hydrated body is a better conductor of the earth’s energy.
- Use indoor grounding devices such as those from The Earthing Institute.
Try a few of these techniques and feel energized!